Windows 7 Aero Snap For Windows XP Or Windows Vista

Aero Snap was one of the new features of Windows 7 that got quite a bit of coverage lately. It is actually a pretty basic feature that makes it possible to move windows to the left, right or top screen to display them on half the screen (left or right) or maximize (top) them. Several third party software programs are available that can do that on Windows Vista or Windows XP but it is always nice if the exact same feature is provided by an application.

Aero Snap Beta (via Ask VG) is that software program. It is available for Windows XP or Windows Vista and requires the Microsoft .net Framework 2.0. The software developer has created a demonstration video to visualize the concept. The functionality is immediately available after installation. Do you know of other Windows 7 features that are available for previous versions of Windows? Let us know.

, , , , , ,

6 Responses to Windows 7 Aero Snap For Windows XP Or Windows Vista

1. jay November 11, 2008 at 5:11 pm #

acer has a system like this and i use ita and its extreamly usefull and customizable its called acer grid vista and they also have one for xp. just throughing this out there.

2. Jose November 12, 2008 at 4:50 pm #

Is a very very new

I´m Spanish

3. Tyler Hayes November 12, 2008 at 6:27 pm #

Aero Snap, contrary to popular belief, actually does not operate the same way as this new function in Windows 7, although it is similar.

What is different?  Aero Snap only resizes the window when you drag it to the sides/top of the screen.  To this end, if I drag a window to the top of the screen to “maximize” it, it still retains the borders of the window and transparency effects around the edges, which proves that it’s not being maximized.

This isn’t a totally horrible difference, mind you, but with browsers like Google Chrome that are designed to take up less real estate, it’s annoying to see that Aero Snap can’t simply maximize the window.

4. Bryce Illingworth November 14, 2008 at 7:12 am #

This looks totaly promising. I believe that this is going to be very useful. I only wonder is; how will it work, if at all, on a dual monitor setup?

5. ben March 24, 2009 at 10:56 am #

i’m using windows 7 from the first day i could download ( when they started it), google chrome didnt work and so many other things that they did fix them ( like aero snap for google chrome, it works now).

its much better than vista, it supports any bluethoot dongle that vista doesn’t, and so on.

wana use touch? get eee pc touch!!

6. Mikeskinner1987 August 20, 2010 at 7:02 pm #

I really like this feature but it is not functioning on my dual monitor display.
    It snaps to the left side on my left side monitor and not the right. and it snaps to the right side on my right side monitor. I have them setup as independent screen off one pc so i don’t understand why it doesn’t fully function…. Pls email me with any updates that fix this or options i need to change… mikeskinner1987@yahoo.com

Thanks mike