Windows 7 Build 7070 Screenshots

New and – most of the time – interesting tidbits about the Windows 7 operating system are posted on every day thanks to the leaks that fairly regularly make their way on the Internet. One of the latest builds is Windows 7 Build 7070 and first screenshots have appeared showing that build. The three screenshots have been posted to the Facepunch forum. The thread has been deleted there and is not accessible anymore.

The screenshots of Windows 7 show the complete build string of that release which is 6.1.7070.0.winmain.090324-1853. Below are the links to the three screenshots that have been posted.

More Galleries: All GalleriesWindows 7 GalleriesWindows 8 Galleries

12 Responses to Windows 7 Build 7070 Screenshots

1. Tim Brazer March 31, 2009 at 3:26 pm #

The photo gallery is missing.

2. Tim Brazer March 31, 2009 at 6:17 pm #

Ah ha! There it is!  Thanks!

3. rocky April 1, 2009 at 12:12 am #

“For testing purpose only”, I do not think it is real.

4. Stefan March 31, 2009 at 9:38 pm #

Ahh.. not so interesting when you consider the only visible ‘newness’ in build 7070 is the fact that is says ’7070′ in the build number.

Can’t see any major additions/exceptions to build 7057 or 7000. I’ll (eagerly) await further announcements about this newer beta.

Judging from 7057, M$ need only work on fixing hibernation for wider hardware configurations (weird activity after resuming on my Dell M1730, for example), plus tidying up some visual incongruities (bad looking ‘Search’ input area when switching from basic to Aero theme, lots of screen flashing if waiting for some programs to close on shutdown, mouse not ‘sticking’ to same point on the titlebar of a window when dragging one at high speed/hitting edge of screen).

Plus, the nice, predictable BSOD when I unplug my Xbox 360 controller from USB :)

RC1 cannot be far away.

• Jonathan7 April 2, 2009 at 7:14 pm #

@ Stefan

I’m also getting the really annoying BSOD when unplugging my 360 controller. I haven’t tried my HDMI port yet on 7057/7068 but I also got BSODs when I had my plasma tv connected and then (after a movie) switched the tv input from HDMI back to the cable box. Annoying is an understatement

5. smilingman April 1, 2009 at 2:10 am #

I just download both 32 and 64 bit 7068 versions, come on already.

6. Atniz April 1, 2009 at 9:23 am #

It loooks nice and not looks like Mac OS at all as some said earlier. I should seriously try it for real.

7. Zath April 1, 2009 at 1:34 pm #

Microsoft sure are running through these new versions, surely they must be getting close to their Release Candidate soon and will stop adding/changing stuff soon – lets hope that it’s still as fast as the original Beta with all these changes!

8. Levon April 1, 2009 at 6:19 pm #

fool!!!

9. karol April 2, 2009 at 1:52 pm #

For testing purpose only- ???? the rc- branch builds shows “evaluation copy”! those screenshots are NOT REAL!

10. Jonathan7 April 3, 2009 at 4:40 am #

Possibly fake.. I haven’t seen any leaks of builds above 7068 show up in the usual places.