7 Responses to Customizing the Windows 7 Logon Screen

1. Havoc June 16, 2009 at 8:57 pm #

Can you say way outdated, lets try to keep up huh

Robert Bernard June 16, 2009 at 11:33 pm #

The second part with customizing the buttons was published by Rafael only 3 days ago. That’s the reason I wrote the article.

However, I like to be thorough, so I checked W7N for a guide on customizing the background of the login screen (the whole point of changing the button theme was to make it match the background), and it wasn’t there.

I’m sorry if you didn’t like the fact that I included some older content, but in order to make the guide complete (had no related articles on W7N), I went through the entire process.

This way the people who have already heard about it get the new content and those who haven’t get both.

2. Everton Blair June 17, 2009 at 6:28 am #

@Havoc

How can this be outdated when Windows 7 hasn’t been launched yet?

Yes, you might have read this somewhere else but it’ll be impossible for us to always have exclusives. The purpose of this site is to allow readers to have the best single source of Windows 7 News, Tips and Guides and this will always mean that we will cover stories that may have been posted elsewhere.

3. Zach June 18, 2009 at 2:44 am #

For the second part, changing the button set, you never said what to name the DWORD.

What is it!? This is useful and I haven’t heard of this tweak before.

Robert Bernard June 18, 2009 at 8:17 pm #

I am sorry I forgot. :)

It needs to be named “ButtonSet.”

I have edited my post to reflect this. Thanks for pointing it out.

4. CM June 21, 2009 at 9:38 am #

“set the value between 0 and 2″ and then you go and put 1, 2, 3 – I take it they’re ordered, still should be fixed.

5. Hossam Hafez September 4, 2010 at 2:39 am #

love love love you .. i can’t imagine that i can play with W7 data like this .. you changed my whole experience in 7
    now .. there’s a new windows called (my Windows)