Apple iTunes On-Board With Windows 7 Launch

Remember when Windows Vista came out and Apple told users not to upgrade to Vista, because it wasn’t compatible with iTunes (rather than iTunes wasn’t compatible with Vista!)? ┬áMany users, including myself, had nightmares using iTunes in the early months of Windows Vista.

This time it appears that Apple are accepting that the majority of the world uses Windows and not their OS, and iTunes is fully compatible with Windows 7.  Not only that, but the latest iTunes 9 version also adds a Windows 7 Jumplist:

screenshot.1

The jumplist doesn’t offer much in terms of functionality other than sending customers to the iTunes Store to spend money, but at least it’s a start and Windows 7 users can rest assured that Apple are supporting the new OS.

, ,

13 Responses to Apple iTunes On-Board With Windows 7 Launch

1. Adam Tiley September 12, 2009 at 9:52 am #

I like the new iTunes in Windows 7, it doesn’t just have a new jumplist but it also has the play, pause, back and forward functions inside the preview screen when you hover over it, just like Windows Media Player!

Loving the new look to :)

• Adrian July 7, 2010 at 4:44 am #

hi! i’m new here and struggling to get itunes on windows 7 32bit but i can’t even go to itunes on apple.com from my browser;It won’t even open the page. i’ve tryied to send the itunes exe file from my phone to my pc and windows 7 is telling me it’s not a compatible program. what can i do in this situation? Can anyone help please? thank you!

2. Anonymous September 12, 2009 at 11:51 am #

Unfortunately it’s still a massive disappoinment though isn’t it?
    Jumplists are designed to allow access to common tasks not badger people to spend money. It still runs like a bag of spuds too. Why o why can’t Apple just push out a lovely update that will intergrate iTunes (probably 20) nicely into a Windows OS? They’d certainly get a lot more business coming from my way, as it stands though. I can’t stand even opening iTunes in Windows 7, it’s an injustice and down right cheeky to utilize a new OS feature as a money making venture.
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO APPLE :(

3. Computer Repair Guy September 12, 2009 at 12:19 pm #

I am glad that Apple is making iTunes Windows 7 friendly. I lost a lot of patience and faith with Apple in the crappy way they handled iTunes and Vista. I support a lot of desktop end users and it is amazing how many had trouble … and cost a lot of pointless IT support time.

4. Anonymous September 13, 2009 at 1:18 pm #

no thanks!

I love LimeWire. I wait for them

5. Walter December 14, 2009 at 9:01 pm #

i have an old xp box. I bought an acer win7 32 bit box. Since win 7 is so unfriendly with xp I decided to copy my itunes program to my flash drive and bring it in to my win 7 box. After i did that I thought i could launce itunes and away i go. Well all files that i put on the flash drive are gone!!! totally uncompatible thanks God I did not cut and paste the itunes off of the xp box so i still have a backup and ideas as to moving itunes xp to win 7?

• Tim February 8, 2010 at 12:16 pm #

simply download it from itunes.com, if you want all your songs moving aswell, they will be in MusicItunes, just copy the folder, to your music folder in win 7.

6. Anonymous March 5, 2010 at 9:22 pm #

I have a Toshiba NB305 with Windows 7 and Itunes 9 and it does not play videos properly, not even in the Quick Time Player. The videos are jumpy, drop audion and ramdomly pause. I have spent 4 hours over the last two days with Toshiba tech support and they can not fix the problem. I HATE Windows 7!!!!!!!!!

7. Anonymous April 7, 2010 at 9:40 am #

Hi, Ive just recently bought a new PC running windows 7 home premium and ive tried to install itunes 9 but after installation it wont open via any links ie desktop, quick launch or even via the icon inside the program file. Quick time opens fine. Ive tried uninstalling it loads of times and reinstalling it. Its driving me mad!!! Please can anyone help me ?

Thanks in advance

8. Curleysliderz April 13, 2010 at 10:02 am #

Hey guys I want to take a minute to introduce myself. My names Robert and I sell radar detectors. I offer a lot of makes a models and I offer the [url=http://www.radardetectorhunt.com]best radar detector reviews[/url] on the net!
    We Offer a Wide Range from:
    [url=http://radardetectorhunt.com/category/beltronics/]Beltronics Radar Detectors[/url]
    [url=http://radardetectorhunt.com/escort-solo-s2/]Escort Solo Radar Detector[/url]
    [url=http://radardetectorhunt.com/beltronics-rx65/]RX65 Radar Detector[/url]
    [url=http://radardetectorhunt.com/escort-8500-x50/]escort 8500 x50 radar detector[/url]
    [url=http://radardetectorhunt.com/escort-solo-s2/]Cordless Radar Detectors[/url]
    And of course the brand new [url=http://radardetectorhunt.com/escort-redline/]Escort Redline[/url]
    Thanks Guys for taking a minute to look hope to see you around! :)

9. Phil April 13, 2010 at 7:05 pm #

Please if anyone knows the answer to the above by ‘scott2hotty’
    I have the same problem, Just bought new laptop with windows 7 32bit, n it just wont open at all. quicktime does, but itunes doesnt, installed loads of times no luck at all driving me insane!! =(

10. Joseph May 17, 2010 at 6:19 am #

I have the same problem, it just wont open at all with windows 7

11. Adrian July 7, 2010 at 5:06 am #

hi there, i’ve solved the problem regarding itunes download and install on windows 7. I don’t know if I should post the link on this topic but anyone who has problems as my own drop me a line at blastewitz@gmail.com and i’ll mail you the link.