Firefox 3.7 Will Add Windows 7 Jumplist Support

Back in May we wrote about Winfox, a 3rd party addon for Firefox that adds Windows 7 Jumplists support.   Firefox 3.7 will add official Windows 7 Jumplist support, allowing you to quickly visit the sites you view the most, and also a quick way to open a new tab or window:

firefoxjumplist

Unfortunately though Firefox 3.7 isn’t scheduled to launch until March 2010, which is a shame.  In the meantime you could console yourself with Google Chrome which is not only faster but has some Jumplist support, or IE8 which has full Windows 7 Jumplist support.

Source: Techspot

, , ,

7 Responses to Firefox 3.7 Will Add Windows 7 Jumplist Support

1. Jon October 11, 2009 at 1:56 pm #

FF3.7 also doesn’t have aero peek for tabs atm, like IE8 does, which is quite annoying, and if they had it it would make the tab obselete

2. Greg October 11, 2009 at 2:33 pm #

You can keep your Google Chrome.
    Fx work just fine and I am in no hurry for new features I will have little use for.
    It is a browser for heavens sake not an all in one app.

3. Gesh17 October 11, 2009 at 3:03 pm #

I don’t like jumplists that much, unlike the fact that I LOVE Firefox. Google Chrome is too empty and I’ve never liked IE. Firefox ftw!

4. Sandeep October 12, 2009 at 2:47 am #

I like Fx more, than Jumplist

5. Jon October 12, 2009 at 12:56 pm #

Jump lists make it easier to use, it doesn’t make it “all in one”
    For example you can pin you favourite websites, it will list the most frequent, and you can open new tabs/windows, and eventually things like the download and addon windows will probably be added.

Along with jumplists, also progress bar for downloads will probably be added and Aero peek for tabs, which means you could hide the tab and be able to switch tabs relatively easily.

6. andex October 12, 2009 at 5:15 pm #

Firefox 3.5 has jump list but it only show recently downloaded files in the jump list.

7. Greg December 16, 2009 at 7:10 pm #

Google Chrome may be faster for you but then again it lacks the excellent addons available for Fx users.

I can wait for Fx to fully support a feature I seldom used anyway.