Windows Phone 7 coming to Verizon…Soon

An anonymous tipster has tipped off tech blog site Engadget with a flyer circulating to Microsoft employees that a CDMA version of the HTC Trophy will be available in early 2011 for use on Verizon’s network.

Other than the HTC 7 Pro, this is the only CDMA handset that’s been ousted publicly. Microsoft employees will be able to re-up their contract for $199. The phone includes: a 3.8-inch WVGA display, 5 megapixel cam, 16GB of storage, Bluetooth 2.1 and 802.11n.

grey Windows Phone 7 coming to Verizon...Soon

Image Credit: Engadget

Multiple carriers was originally seen as a huge advantage for the new Windows Phone 7 and after we found out that their would be no CDMA devices until next year, many pronounced that WP7 would fail. It doesn’t look like Microsoft is giving up so soon and we should shortly be seeing many unique CDMA handsets in the US.

As for me, I’m still waiting for my WP7 handset to come via UPS, which should arrive tomorrow. Unlike many, I couldn’t wait until 2011 for a CDMA version. I’m interested in what other users think about the new mobile platform. Let me know what you guys are experiencing in the comments below.

Source: Engadget

Subscribe & Connect

Share This Post: 

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter for updates:

, , ,

3 Responses to Windows Phone 7 coming to Verizon…Soon

  1. Omoronovo November 16, 2010 at 2:56 am #

    I believe I replied to the CDMA vs GSM debate in the first post relating to this issue, and my points still stand. Windows Phone 7 wouldn’t “flop” because Microsoft chose to support 85% of the planet initially then add support for the remaining 15% down the line – 1.6 billion people or so use GSM-equipped handsets, compared to about 250 million (mostly US) using CDMA handsets. Delaying the WP7 release simply to satisfy the carriers that choose to use locked down standards that support less than a fifth of the worlds mobile communications market would’ve been Microsoft’s own way of shooting themselves in the foot.

    • Jason November 16, 2010 at 3:03 pm #

      Agreed, choosing to overlook CDMA initially in order to ship to GSM carriers on time was the correct move on MS part.

  2. Tyler J Langley November 18, 2010 at 11:51 pm #

    GSM Sucks Verizon’s CDMA Rocks. No matter where I go my friends are having to use my phone because they are either droping calls or have no service with their GSM Carriers.

Leave a Reply


*