Microsoft has just made available the Windows 8 Release Preview downloads. News broke earlier that Microsoft had the intention to release the new development version of Windows 8 today, and not in the first week of June 2012 as originally assumed.
All downloads are available as ISO images and in form of the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant. You find all ISO links of the Windows 8 Release Preview on this website. We have added them all below for your convenience. Please note that all versions share the same product key, and that other language editions are not available.
- 64-bit (x64) Download (3.3 GB) Sha 1 hash — 0x9086CAA101C872DAB529CA8A01F7C7370986837B
- 32-bit (x86) Download (2.5 GB) Sha 1 hash — 0x509E6D4331F965BCA4102968016E5AD6B05769BF
Product Key: TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF
Windows 8 System Requirements
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
- Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
You can alternatively download the 5 Megabyte big Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant if you plan to upgrade your current version of Windows to the Release Preview.