Excel un password protect cells

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  erwing 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
December 31, 2009 at 9:09 pm #85983

billy123

Hi
I have a excel sheet (excel 2007) that some cells are password protected i have no idea what the password is any ideas how i can find the password or any software that will find it, so i can change the cell contents. Thanks

January 1, 2010 at 8:01 am #89037

W7NOmoronovo

There are software packages available to help recover passwords, but they take an exceptionally long time to process and the better ones (ones that use GPU acceleration for example) cos a lot of money.

Might I ask how you managed to forget the password if the data is (clearly) so important? If the file belongs to someone else and you are allowed to have it, simply ask them for the password. If not, you may be forced to simply redo the spreadsheet.

January 1, 2010 at 10:28 am #89038

billy123

The document was done by one of my mates who now can’t remember the password to unlock data stored in certain cells, i have the password to open the document, but not to unlock protected cells, there is alot of stuff in the work sheet so i don’t want to start all over again, just realised its not a excel 2007 sheet but a 2003 sheet, don’t know if that helps.

March 13, 2010 at 6:13 am #89275

BobNTN

A lot of people protect cells but don’t actually use a pw.  Try un-protecting without a password, just press enter.  Worth a try.

October 15, 2010 at 11:33 am #89695

erwing

how to make only some cells protected not all sheet?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.