Free fix doesn’t cure my black screen in windows 7

Home Everything Microsoft Forums Windows 7 Chat Windows 7 General Free fix doesn’t cure my black screen in windows 7

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Bugsy 3 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
September 10, 2010 at 9:10 am #86229

nille12345

The title says it all. I have tried the fix, but it still doesn’t help. What do I try next. Getting desperate.

Nille

September 11, 2010 at 8:45 pm #89654

W7NOmoronovo

I assume you’re referring to the free fix posted by Microsoft about 8 months ago regarding a patch that caused the "black screen of death"? This black screen occurred when you installed a specific Windows hotfix whilst you also had a particularly malicious rootkit installed. the hotfix has been updated to warn you and not install if it detects this on your system, which means the fix for the black screen may not have been for the specific problem you’re experiencing.

Do you have any other information about how the black screen started, what you were doing prior to it, etc? Perhaps we could find a solution for you.

October 2, 2010 at 5:05 am #89685

winstonterr

Hi,
I recently installed Windows 7 from a clean hard drive, but every time I get past the starting windows screen it will go black and all I see is the cursor. It does work while running in safe mode though. What do I do to fix this?

December 2, 2010 at 9:15 pm #89775

Bugsy
"winstonterr":225wxwd7 wrote:
Hi,
I recently installed Windows 7 from a clean hard drive, but every time I get past the starting windows screen it will go black and all I see is the cursor. It does work while running in safe mode though. What do I do to fix this?
[/quote:225wxwd7]

I would take out your graphic card or at least make sure it is seated correctly, and all other components are also seated correctly.

also i would also consider trying out your monitor on another tower/base unit to see if you get same issue as it could be a PSU issue.

Make sure you have all the latest driver installed on your pc, by doing this visit your pc manufacturer alternatively if you built your pc yourself search for your mobo driver’s.

check the device manger for and issues like yellow exclamation marks.

Uninstall any AV software you have installed and install Microsoft Security Essentials reason i say this there are a few AV programs that have caused this type of issue with the nunber one culprit AVG.

when you have tried all those possible solutions and no joy try run a repair fromDVD.

let me know how you get on and if you encounter any error messages please post a screen shot or text of message.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.