Re: Can not remove Rootkit

Home Everything Microsoft Forums Other Operating Systems Windows XP Re: Can not remove Rootkit

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rph 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
February 11, 2012 at 12:36 pm #86463

lowie

hello everyone, this is my first registred use of this site and I would like to ask if someone knows how to get rid of a rootkit in my XP home edition sp 3
[b:93b6xrrh]\.PhysicalDrive0  Heuristic.Possible.MBR.Rootkit!E1[/b:93b6xrrh]that is the problem. It was seen by Emsisoft Anti Malware free edition. I have been in contact with Emsisoft almost daily and some guy is realy trying to help me but with no result so far. Worse: the rootkit has went over to my laptop with Windows 7×64. I have not yet discovered any disadvantages or faults due to this rootkit but I want to get rid of it. Maybe there is someone out there who has had this problem before and can please help me.

February 14, 2012 at 7:01 am #90209

rph

You might try another anti-virus/anti-malware program.  Check majorgeeks.com for some freeware/shareware packages and maybe try Microsoft Security Essentials, not sure if they have it for XP or not, but it is free for Win7.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.