Re: Zune PC Software or Windows Media Player?

Home Everything Microsoft Forums Other Operating Systems Everything Else Re: Zune PC Software or Windows Media Player?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of W7NOmoronovo W7NOmoronovo 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
April 21, 2011 at 5:03 pm #86366
Jason Lefevers

Hey guys,

I’m trying to work on something and was wondering which most users prefer. I have heard many say that Microsoft should replace WMP with the Zune software for Windows 8 and was wondering about those without Zune devices or WP7 devices. Do many of you use the Zune software even if you do not have a device that is supported?

Thanks, in advance, for your info…

April 21, 2011 at 10:16 pm #89976
W7NOmoronovo

I tried Zune for a while before I got my Windows Phone 7 (Now I’m forced to use it for syncing and things).

I certainly found that as a media player (or more accurately, a music player), Zune works excellently. I still greatly prefer Foobar2000 for its immense ability to be customized and expanded to suit my own needs, however.

As a video player it is effectively useless. I doubt it could replace Windows Media Player in that regard, but I would be very very interested if Microsoft were to have Windows 8 ship with one player specifically tailored to each media type. Zune does music well, I’m sure they could come up with a Metro-based player specifically for Video files, one that has proper subtitle support, codec selection and such.

Nowadays, I use it only for phone syncing.

What about yourself?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.