Screen flicker (flutter) with IE8 installed when updating to Wn7 from Vista

Home Everything Microsoft Forums Forum Notices Announcements Screen flicker (flutter) with IE8 installed when updating to Wn7 from Vista

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of daryl daryl 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
January 28, 2010 at 9:42 pm #86031
billsbest

Of course I wouldn’t be here w/o a prob. I am unable to get rid of extreme screen flutter when typing or when viewing graphic images. Should I re-install Win7 from the Toshiba-furnished disks? Would this re-install a working IE8 ? If not, should I go to Firefox?

Thx

Bill

January 30, 2010 at 2:04 pm #89138
W7NOmoronovo

Well, I would suggest that most flickering issues are graphics driver related, but if it happens ONLY with IE8, it may be something to do with IE8′s use of cleartype text smoothing technology. Either way, I would highly recommend using another browser anyway – Firefox is of course able to use its vast addons library to add features, and something like Chrome is designed for speed and security (through it’s sandboxing of processes).

A clean install of windows is always more beneficial than an upgrade, so I won’t say that a clean install WONT fix the problem – but try out other browsers etc first, just in case.

July 15, 2010 at 3:01 am #89613
JPLAL

Dear Windows 7 folks,
I have an application program installed on Windows 7 32 bits machines. I keep open the program’s IDE and try to run the Setup.exe of the same program and select "Remove" option.
For the first time it says "File in Use"; but once I click on "Retry" button, my application program starts removing (un-installing) the application.
Same scenario has not been observed with Windows 2003 Server
Is this a new feature with Windows 7? Do you have any idea of it?
Thanks
JP

February 5, 2011 at 12:42 pm #89880
daryl

The flicker problem is common place with laptops using both descrete and integrated graphics.

I  have the same problem when I switch to and from mains power (thereby switching between descrete and integrated).

Microsoft are aware of the problem but AFAIK there is not fix- they sugeest closing IE and reopening it and using the recover tabs option.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.