Will Windows 8 in 2013?

Home Everything Microsoft Forums Windows 7 Chat Rumors Will Windows 8 in 2013?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of W7NOmoronovo W7NOmoronovo 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
April 4, 2011 at 11:16 am #86352
tazz123

A launch date of 2013, which I expected. The development of a major operating system takes time and people will not buy Windows 8 unless it comes with some very unique features innovative. Here are some of the features of Windows 8 we talked in the past that most likely be integrated into Windows 8 (no further evidence for most of the features for now):

* App Store
      * Face recognition through Kinect
      * New file system
      * 3D desktop
      * For more information: the features of Windows 8

Are you happy with a release date 2013? I would say we can wait a while until the upgrade to another new operating system, Windows 7 is pretty decent and for specific tasks that just use Ubuntu.

May 2, 2011 at 1:27 pm #90004
ChickenGrabber

Actually 2013 is way too long <!– m –><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Microsoft_Windows#Windows_8">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of … #Windows_8</a><!– m –>

And some say that it would look like Windows 7

May 3, 2011 at 8:37 am #90009
W7NOmoronovo

I highly doubt windows 8 will take until 2013 to be released. That is far too long a release schedule. Following Microsoft’s standard release cadence (and ignoring vista since that was way out of their normal range), it should be here sometime near the beginning/middle of 2012.

As far as we know, the app store is all but confirmed for Windows 8, face recognition is something I believe they will be adding (it makes sense from a features point of view), but there will definitely not be a new file system and there definitely wont be a fully 3d desktop – Windows is a productivity workhorse, a 3d desktop would be purely eye candy. Even the 3d "cube" effect under most modern linux distributions ends up being no more productive than the default multiple workspaces it has.

I would like to see Windows 8 implement multiple workspaces, but not a 3d desktop.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.