Windows 7 Professional

Windows 7 ProfessionalWindows 7 Professional is the second Windows 7 edition next to Windows 7 Home Premium that Microsoft will be available for customers and OEMs worldwide.. This edition would basically have been Windows 7 Business but was renamed by Microsoft to reflect that it is not only aimed at business but also at professionals. Some say that it was done to make the decision for Windows XP users easier to switch to the new operating system as one of the Windows XP editions was named Windows XP Professional.

With Windows 7 Professional, fewer walls stand between you and your success. You can run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode and recover data easily with automatic backups to your home or business network. You can also connect to company networks effortlessly and more securely with Domain Join. With all the exciting entertainment features of Windows Home Premium, it’s a great choice for home and for business.

Windows 7 Professional contains all features that Microsoft has build into Windows 7 Home Premium

plus the following:

• Windows Server Domain support.
  • Remote Desktop Server support.
  • Location aware printing.
  • Encrypting the file system
  • Presentation mode

Pre-Order Windows 7 Professional Now For Launch Day Delivery:

Windows 7 Enterprise / Windows 7 Ultimate

Windows 7 will not include the following feature set which is exclusively available in Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 7 Enterprise:

• AppLocker.
  • BitLocker Drive Encryption
  • BranchCache Distributed Cache
  • DirectAccess
  • Multilingual User Interface Pack
  • Virtual Hard Disk Booting

We have created a Windows 7 Features listing that visualizes all the different Windows 7 editions. Click here to access all articles that have been posted on Windows 7 Professional.

22 Responses to Windows 7 Professional

1. carlos May 13, 2009 at 3:18 pm #

estoy interesado en probar windows 7 professional pero que sea en español gracias

• mason August 16, 2009 at 10:12 am #

Windows 7 es en muchas idiomas incluidos español.

• John doh February 4, 2010 at 7:55 am #

Why don’t we all write in our own native language, so that everyone understands…

• Anonymous March 20, 2010 at 8:22 pm #

DEAR JOHN DOH:
          THE ENGLISH IS NOT THE ONLY LANGUAGE IN THE PLANET EARTH. TRIED TO STUDY ANOTHER LANGUAGE FOR UNDERSTAND THE SPANISH. SOCKER

• Lich King October 1, 2010 at 8:25 am #

Bagus sangat. Aku sokong kau. kau the best la malaun

• Jodago January 6, 2011 at 9:03 pm #

English isn’t the only language on the planet earth, Try to study another language to understand the Spanish, Sucker ?
            I’m glad you have the English language down so well,
            or you from Span or Mexico ?

2. Guest October 9, 2009 at 10:21 am #

I thought I was getting a free scan to see if my laptop can run Windows 7.
    Instead I got a partial scan to tell me about errors on the laptop and if I want them
    fixed I would need to buy your program. What a bait & switch. Not the kind of
    company I want to do business with.

• Everton Blair October 9, 2009 at 10:44 am #

Hi ‘Guest’

you clicked on an advert not content produced by this site – you made it to the bottom of the page to leave a comment, so surely you’ve worked this out by now??!!

Regards!

Everton

3. Ben January 9, 2010 at 11:29 am #

I have purchased 7 Professional full version. I have backed up all my files but have one concern. I am presently using Outlook Express and have abou 6 sub folders in the inbox with data I need to keep and transfer to Outlook once I install ver 7.

I was able to locate the files but with a .dbx and when I copy these to a jump drive and try to look at them on our laptop which is running ver 7 it does not allow me to view them.

Any help would be very much appreciated as I do not want to install 7 on the home computer until I know I can load these folders onto outlook.

Ben

• Robert B January 9, 2010 at 12:15 pm #

Hey Ben, Any questions you have should be posted at our Forums http://windows7news.com/forum/
      Your more likely to get an answer there

• Ben January 9, 2010 at 12:30 pm #

Thank you. Being that I am presently using XP on the home computer should the question be posted in the XP forum or the Windows 7 forum?

Ben

• Robert B January 9, 2010 at 12:34 pm #

I would post it in the general Windows 7 Help http://windows7news.com/forum/general-windows-7-help/ since you are upgrading to Windows 7

• JP LAL April 2, 2010 at 4:40 am #

Issue with Windows 7 32/64 bit and Windows 2008 R2 environments

Hi Friends,
            I am facing issue when I am trying of open OSK.EXE (On-Screen Keyboard) through ShellExecute() in both Windows 7 32/64 bit and Windows 2008 R2 environments. OSK is not getting popped up after executing the command.
            My source code’s statement follows:
            Statement1: ShellExecute ( pWnd, “open”, “C:WINDOWSsystem32osk.exe”, NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL);
            Note (FYI):
            (1) If I execute following statement2 by putting OSK.EXE in C:, then On – Screen Keyboard is getting popped up.

Statement2: ShellExecute ( pWnd, “open”, “C:osk.exe”, NULL, NULL, SW_SHOWNORMAL);
            (2) Statement1 is successfully executed on XP, W2K Server and Vista with expected behavior.
            (3) If I try to get the last error through GetLastError() after executing the Statement 1, “Operation has been performed successfully” is translated from the return value of the GetLastError().
            (4) On my Windows 7 machine, UAC is disable.
            (5) I am running ShellExecute() function by logging through the login ID having added to administrator group.
            Please guide me for executing the Statement1.
            Thanks in advance.
            JP

• Robert B April 2, 2010 at 1:16 pm #

Please use the forum to post any questions and problems you may have http://windows7news.com/forum/

• Askus October 11, 2011 at 10:06 pm #

there is a program that converts it costs about 65.00 easy to load newer outlook on old os let it convert all files then back up. you will need outlook loaded on win7 the mail on it sucks

4. Anonymous May 5, 2010 at 11:54 am #

i hav a prob on installing microsoft office on mi pc,always its been telling me an error1719 has been occured,i do not know wht to do no,can som 1 help me on this probs,thnx

5. Hwhopp01 July 30, 2010 at 5:33 pm #

Hi
    Would anyone know if there is a pssibility to buy an upgrade or full version of Windows 7 Pro in Spanish
    Tx
    Hartmut

6. Shahid27 September 10, 2010 at 11:48 am #

i have recently purchased dell inspiron n5010 but due to some reason i formatted my laptop and could not create backup disk of original operating system, now what should i do

7. Mwesigwa December 5, 2010 at 2:47 am #

I cannot use my HP LJ P1006 printer with windows 7 32bit, all the drivers from HP don’t run!!!! Why isn’t compatible?

8. michelsmith December 28, 2010 at 5:05 am #

Windows 7 professional is targeted at enthusiasts and small business users.

9. Abcde April 4, 2011 at 7:33 am #

hi…i am using windows 7 ultimate. in this os most of the times the google chrome crashes and stop working. so what should i do?

10. windows 8 wallpapers September 8, 2011 at 5:16 am #

Thanks for shearing this info its very helpful